Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Methods to understand a writer's decisions

Texts:
-Peer Reviews
-Postwrites
-Rhetorical Analysis
-Memo
-Instructor comments on freewrites and rough draft 

Interviews:
-Asking how comments were interpreted and changes were made
Stimulated Elicitation Interviewing "Props"
Discourse based interview

Observations:
Watch the person revising or even drafting. 
Peer reviews. 

Free write on Research methods:
What I'm sure about so far is how to go about researching several documents from one writer. I am now more familiar with what to look for to really understand how a writer creates and revises. I don't really have any questions. I have more of a sense of unease that whomever I choose to research will have documents that I won't be able to research well. So, I can't say I'm absolutely comfortable with it yet. But I have a feeling that as the semester goes on, I'll start to become more accustomed to it. 

1 comment:

Scott Wible said...

Reading your posts from the past two days, I'm seeing that you feel more comfortable with both why and how we were doing what we were doing the past three days. The important thing for everyone to keep in mind is not that there's a right or wrong analysis to make but instead that whatever argument we do make, we should have evidence from our data collection (in particular, from the written texts) that can support our arguments.